Eco-efficiency for our business, our customers and our future.
As a leading global freight forwarding and supply chain management company, we are highly conscious of our responsibility to protect our environment for future generations.
Our new Eco-efficiency strategy enables us to meet our ambitious environmental goals and help both our customers and service providers reduce their environmental impact. We also share our knowledge and best practices with others throughout the industry to reduce our collective impact on the limited resources of our planet.
Damco’s strategy focuses on 5 main areas:
- Focus on global environmental KPIs including carbon footprint and air miles
- Reduction of carbon intensity to meet our goal of a 30% reduction by 2014
- Mapping of main suppliers’ sustainability practices
- Introduction of environmental criteria in supplier selection
Supply chain carbon footprint
- Helping clients to assess and reduce their carbon footprint
- Development of low-carbon supply chain solutions
- Establishment of partnerships with environmentally renowned institutions
- Sharing sustainability best practices with competition
Green product portfolio
- Assessment of sustainability opportunities for existing product portfolio
- Introduction of new services with a lower environmental impact
To view the Damco Sustainability Progress Report 2012, please click here.