This website is provided and controlled by Damco International B.V., Turfmarkt 107, 2511 DP The Hague, The Netherlands ("Damco”).
Damco recognizes and respects the importance of the privacy of our visitors of our websites. This policy accounts for the personal data and cookies etc. used via our websites. If you do not agree with the terms herein, please do not use this website and delete the cookies placed by the website. Please be aware that a separate privacy statement applies to recruitment. The privacy state-ment applicable to recruitment is available here. However, the section on cookies below also applies to recruitment.
The following third parties store the following cookies on this website:
- Google Analytics (provided by Google Inc.) and Piwik Analytics to enable us (a) to perform statistical analyses of e.g. number of visitors, information on location, and the like to learn about our visitors and (b) to improve the website friendliness and usability, e.g. on the basis of website traffic measurements
- Addthis (provided by AddThis, Inc.) to enable the visitors of our website to use social media features, like sharing, sending or recommending pages to others
- YouTube (provided by YouTube LLC.) to store session preferences (e.g. language) and suggest other content based on your previous uses (only activated when you are logged in to Youtube when visiting our website and only when clicking the YouTube button)
- Facebook (provided by Facebook, Inc.) to identify users logged in to Facebook for the purpose of sharing content on Facebook (only when you are logged in to Facebook when visiting our website and only when clicking the Facebook button)
- LinkedIn (provided by LinkedIn Corp.) to enable the “follow” and “share” features of LinkedIn (only when you are logged in to LinkedIn when visiting our website and only when clicking the LinkedIn button).
- DoubleClick Bid Manager (provided by DoubleClick Inc.) for display advertising purposes.
You may delete cookies if you no longer wish to store them on your computer. However, please note that the high quality of our website may be reduced as a consequence thereof. Please refer to the help guide for your browser for further guidance.
- For Internet Explorer, a help guide is available here
- For Mozilla, a help guide is available here
- For Chrome, a help guide is available here
- For Safari, a help guide is available here
3. Personal data
On our websites, we may collect information about name, postal address, email address, other contact information, age, interests, gender, IP addresses and other personal data. Our websites are intended for a general audience, and Damco does not knowingly collect personal data about any person under the age of 18 years.We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision of newsletters offered by Damco
- Provision of Damco services and products and to accommodate your requests and inquiries
- The purposes listed in the below cookie section
As part of a global group, Damco may transfer personal data collected by us on an aggregated or individual level to various divisions, subsidiaries, joint ventures and affiliated companies of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S (“Maersk Group”) around the world located inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated above, as well to data processors outside of Maersk in India or other countries globally for storage and service purposes. Personal data will not be disclosed to anyone outside the Maersk Group without your consent unless permitted or required under applicable legislation.
We delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed.
The registration form used for accessing parts of the Damco website, its interactive shipping applications or newsletter subscription, requires users to give us contact details such as name, address and communication details. This information is used to send information and promotional material to registered users about our company and new applications to be launched on our website. If you have submitted personal data to us, e.g. when registering for a newsletter, you enjoy certain rights to access and rectify data, however, subject to certain legal limitations.
We have implemented appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your personal data. We store personal data on servers with limited access located in secured facilities, and our security measures are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The servers are protected by anti-virus software and firewalls, among other measures.
The information or data registered via www.damco.com are not made publicly available. www.damco.com has security measures in place to protect the user information registered in our systems. These measures include restricted access to databases containing user information, protected by digital certificates.
Except as set out below or as may be otherwise agreed, Damco does not publish, share, trade, sell or otherwise disseminate any of the information or data registered or provided to us to any other party. Damco may, however, be obligated and are entitled to disclose information and data registered or provided to us in compliance with applicable law, court or arbitration orders, judgments, awards or other legal processes served or in compliance with requests by any entitled authority, body or person or to protect the interests, rights, property of Damco, our users or others.
In addition, Damco may disclose any information and/or data registered via www.damco.com to and co-operate with authorities in any jurisdiction in relation to any direction or request to disclose such information and/or data regarding any user or the use of the website, content or services.
Should any information or data be transferred to a recipient based outside the EU/EEA, Damco will ensure prior to such transfer that the recipient’s level of data protection is sufficient.
During your use of our website we automatically collect IP addresses and other information concerning your use of our website in order to (i) help diagnose problems with our server, (ii) identify ways of making our site better, (iii) ensure that the website is used in accordance with relevant legislation and the applicable user terms, and (iv) for any processing which Damco is required to perform under applicable law, court or arbitration orders, judgments, awards or other legal processes served or for the processing of information set out above.
Damco will use your personal information to communicate with you. This might be to respond to your query, complete your booking, or whether appropriate, to contact you in the future. We may contact you via email or by telephone, with further information on our services and specific or general industry information that may be of interest to you. We may use third parties to assist us to distribute our information to you.
You may update, change or opt for removal of information registered at www.damco.com or request to stop receiving our communications either by sending an email to email@example.com or send the changes to your local Damco office (use the Offices link on the website to your local Damco office and its contact details).
This site contains links to other third party websites. Damco is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third party websites.
5. Contact details
If you have any questions or comments or wish to exercise your rights under applicable legislation, please contact our privacy team by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org