Transportation carriers are often responsible only for their legal liability for damage caused to your cargo, which may not be equal to the full value of your cargo, and in many cases, such as acts of god, may not be liable for the damage for the loss or damage at all. Even in the case your cargo was not damaged and discharged successfully at your destination, you may still need to pay for the loss of others under the “General Average” concept.
With Damco’s cargo insurance, our customers know their goods are in the safest hands. Damco has offered marine cargo insurance since 2006 and has a proven track record with over 15,000 bookings. Based on international standards and tailored extension clauses Damco offers you the opportunity to fully secure your cargo during transportation. We are able to offer marine cargo insurance on almost all types of commodities including bulk interests and hazardous cargo.
Damco has teamed up with a leading global insurance broker and internationally acclaimed and financially strong A-rated insurance companies. In addition to superior coverage, this will gain you access to a global network of insurance expertise at a competitive price. All claims handling is outsourced to professional claims handling agencies with global presence should you need a surveyor to inspect your container.
By offering a full All Risks ICC “A” coverage we make sure you will be shipping your cargo under a superior and comprehensive policy that leaves only few exclusions.
Additional clauses that complement coverage for full cargo protection:
- Institute War Clauses
- Institute Frozen Food Clauses
- Institute Frozen Meat Clauses
- Institute Classification Clause
- Institute Replacement Clause
- Institute Cyber Attack Exclusion Clause
- Institute Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biological, Biochemical and Electromagnetic Weapons Exclusion Clause
Our services include:
- Port-to-port or door-to-door cover
- Integrated ordering with the transport booking
- Global coverage according to international standards
- Fast and professional global claim handling
- Broadest “All Risks” coverage by using “A” clauses (ICC A)
- Coverage for war, terrorism, piracy and Acts of God included
- Increased convenience (no lead time – daily quotations)
- Reduced costs (market leading priceto- cover ratio)
- Reduced risk (extended all risks clauses)
- Increased security (same coverage worldwide)
- Simplified claims handling (one point of contact – globally)
For further information on Damco’s cargo insurance, please contact your local office.
Receive the latest Damco news via e-mail
Macro-economic changes and shifts in trade patterns have their impact on global supply chains. They provide opportunities as well as challenges. Let’s have a closer look at some developments in logistics that are directly or indirectly caused by changes in trade patterns, in GDP growth or in customer behaviour.
If you are involved in international logistics, it is likely that you already work with one or more third-party logistics providers (3PLs) or are considering to purchase 3PL services in the near future. In either case it is critical that you select the right company for the job.