Companies in many industries are responding to rapidly changing customer behaviour by shortening their product life cycles and keeping stock levels low, resulting in growing numbers of small size orders. This in turn leads to escalating transport costs. Our LCL programme brings the potential economies of scale – and the associated cost benefits – of FCL (full container load) shipments to shippers of LCL cargo.
- Our unique solution is tailor made by our global ocean freight and solution design expert
- Reduce inventory by reducing order size and ordering more frequently
- Increased flexibility to respond to changing customer demand by postponing your decisions on the final destination and delivery date of shipments
- Optimization of freight spend thanks to competitive end-to-end pricing
- Optional multi-country consolidation programme
- Total cargo visibility (myDamco) based on global cargo management system
- Performance measured and reported, based on agreed KPIs
- Competent, local customer service staff at both origin and destination
- Global door-to-door services with reliable lead times
Multi country consolidation
Damco is uniquely positioned for offering a complete and competitive LCL product. Damco’s LCL services range from the coordination of single LCL shipments all the way to multicountry consolidation. All LCL cargo is consolidated into FCL loads at one of our hubs and then shipped to destination, thus realising significant savings in transportation, administration, and handling costs and reducing transit times. Transportation can even be made easier by adding valueadded services such as to-door trucking and customs brokerage.
An excellent track record
For more than three decades we have been providing our customers, wherever they are in the world, with transportation and logistics solutions globally. This has made Damco one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. Many of the world’s best-known companies use us as their logistics partner of choice when delivering overseas.
A global network
With more than 11,000 employees working from 300 offices in over 100 countries, Damco has a truly global network that can handle virtually every origin and destination through more than 10,000 corridors worldwide, using our own LCL groupage containers and working with our global co-loading partners.
Focus on flexibility
Because we are a non-asset owning logistics service provider, our dedicated and experienced LCL specialists are free to create a seamless solution that fits your needs using the best resources available in the market. For further information on Damco’s ocean freight services, please contact your local office.