This privacy statement explains how we collect and use the data of the website users.
What information does the webpage collect and how is it used?
We collect information via website page in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide information to log into the website or complete a form within the website), and (2) indirectly (for example through website analytic technology).
We may collect and process the following information: name, company details, postal address, email address, other contact information, age, interests, gender, photograph, and images/footage captured on CCTV or other video systems, voice recordings, IP addresses, information about your browser, operating system and movements and behavior on our websites and online systems and other personal data that is relevant and necessary for the use of the services.
Although we do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through this site, we may do so in certain cases where we have the legal right to do so, or where you have expressly consented to this. If you provide us with any personal data of another person, you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of the information contained in this global privacy statement and that the person has given you his/her consent for sharing the information with us.
Except for certain information that is required by law, your decision to provide any personal data to us is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do not wish to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to accomplish some or all the purposes outlined in this global privacy statement, and you may not be able to use certain tools and systems which require the use of such personal data.
Automatically Collected Information
The website may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of PC device or operating system you use, the amount of time you spend on the webpage, and information about the way you use the webpage. The webpage may also use certain analytics software that enables us to better understand the functionality used in the website so that we can continue to improve the website. The website does not knowingly collect personal data about any person under the age of 18 years. You can stop continued collection of information by the website easily by opting-out of data collection in the website settings section. However, please note that we will retain any previous usage information collected from the website according with the retention section of this Privacy Statement, How long do you keep my information for? Paragraph below.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision of our services and products according to agreed terms and as per your request
- Facilitating communication with you for the purpose of ensuring business continuity, providing information, references and recommendations
- To accommodate your requests and inquiries for services or information
- Monitoring your use of our website to enable us to personalize your experience on our webpage
- Provision of newsletters or notifications, including press releases
- To conduct and manage anti-corruption and anti-bribery checks
- Apply analytics to business operations and data to describe, predict and improve business performance within our tool and/or to provide a better user experience. Specifically, areas within analytics include descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, analytics involving individuals (i.e. clients) use personal data, analytics driven by marketing, single customer view and customer journey, talent/employee management analytics.
On which legal basis do we process your personal data?
We processes your personal data for the purposes set out in this global privacy statement for one or more of the following reasons: (i) because we are required to do so for compliance with a legal obligation to which it is subject, (ii) because such information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (iii) because the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, by yourself or by a third party, or (iv) where necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure, (2) to administer and generally conduct business and (3) to prevent fraud.
Where will my information be processed?
We may transfer personal data collected by us on an aggregated or individual level to various divisions, subsidiaries, joint ventures and affiliated companies of the Maersk Group around the world located inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated above and in accordance with applicable laws, as well as to data processors outside of Maersk Group globally for storage and service purposes. Personal data will not be disclosed to anyone outside the Maersk Group unless permitted or required under applicable legislation.
How long do you keep my information for?
We will retain the data for as long as you use the website and as long we have an ongoing relationship with you and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the data may be required in order for the website to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law. We might retain your personal data longer, based on your legitimate interest or consent (i.e. to provide you with the history of the containers booking). In such a case we will retain your personal data for as long as you request us to do so but not more than for a reasonable period of time, and in any case not more than 4 years. We may retain your personal data where this is advisable to safeguard or improve our legal position (for instance in relation to statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
We delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed.
What are my rights?
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data of you and, if so, obtain information on and a copy of those personal data.
- Request rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we no longer process your personal data.
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to us, or request us to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
Note that most of the personal data that we hold about you comes from information you completed, therefore, please ensure that you keep your information correct and up to date by updating your profile/information in the website. Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from the above-mentioned rights pursuant to applicable data privacy or other laws and regulations.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Please note that this will not affect our right to process personal data obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
If you wish to exercise your right to access your personal data, to object to it being processed or to rectify processed data, please contact DataPrivacy@maersk.com or send a letter to A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S, Esplanaden 50, DK-1263 Copenhagen K, Denmark, Att.: Data Privacy.
We have implemented appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your personal data. We maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake. We store personal data on servers with limited access located in secured facilities, and our security measures are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The servers are protected by anti-virus software and firewalls, among other measures.
Cookies and other tracking technologies